Wednesday, July 16, 2014

This is my Site



I've been thinking about writing for too long.  Now i am writing.  i like to hyphenate. a-lot.  i like lower case letters and random. use. of. periods.  

this is my site and here's how i see it unfolding: 

Music Monday -- finding new music is my favorite. music monday will be my excuse to get to know musicians (better) and give some good, (virtually) unknown music some well deserved attention. if i happen to book a few cabin concerts along the way: so be it.  I'm starting with musicians that either a) i know personally 2) i have met or iii) i know someone who knows them so i feel like i have a kevin-baconesque connection to them.  From there, i will branch out to musicians who are perfect strangers, but whose music i like and who deserve attention. 

Tell it Like it is Tuesday -- put my personality in a kettle for about an hour and it will boil down to nothing but my opinion.  i have great insight into... well, all things really, and even though i give it freely, i feel the need to express myself. even . more .  on tuesdays I'll review products, services, maybe even movies--basically whatever i want to tell you about, i will.  Tuesdays will hopefully become a place where i shamelessly hawk great products that people will send me for free so i can plug them and make them soar off the shelves at Amazon, a'la Oprah book club.  i'm not too proud to whore myself for free stuff -- but only free stuff that i actually LIKE.  

for What it's Worth Wednesday -- my opinion of products is second only to my opinion of other people's lives. for What it's Worth is my advice column.  More erma bombeck than ann landers.  think of it as group therapy.  Anonymous request for help with a web of opinions to contribute for the betterment of all.  sometimes a guest will sit in my chair. 

Thinking Out Loud (thursday) -- This is my weekly essay blog.  if i had a syndicated column--this is it. my words about me. personal, true and if it hits the mark i'm aiming for,  funny, poignant and provocative.  but no pressure and no promises. 

Free for all Friday -- indulgences for my rants, raves, a guest writer here and there, throw light on great hidden interweb stuff and generally let it all hang out. i mean, it's friday. 

Saturday -- i know myself.  seven days a week is a tough regimen.  Saturdays we'll go dormant.  get out of the house.  get some sun.  turn off the monitor. 

Silent Sunday -- Photo of the week.  Maybe by me.  maybe my kid or maybe a Facebook famous photog friend.  few, if any restrictions, but the photo will do the talking on sundays.  we all need a little quiet. 


so there's the plan. come back on Friday to see how it goes.  

txsjewels

No comments: